Residential development in West Sussex
- Phase 1 Survey – including Habitats and EPS potential
- European Protected species surveys –badgers, bats, birds, amphibians, water voles.
- Further Habitats and species of interest- Ancient woodland, reptiles, breeding birds.
- Invasive plant species
- Stakeholder communication
- Enhancing Ecological Opportunities
- Landscape and Visual Assessment
- Landscape Design
JFA were commissioned by Crest Nicholson to provide Ecological and Landscape services for the residential development of land south of Rocky Lane, Haywards Heath to support a planning application.
Ecological surveys considered the habitats on site and the potential for European protected species and species of national interest, subsequently undertaking further surveys where appropriate.
A Landscape and visual assessment was carried out, providing information to produce a landscape proposal building on this and the results of the ecological surveys.
The project identified ecological opportunities of biodiversity and amenity benefit which were included within a development strategy submitted by the client.