Project Residential development – Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Client Crest Nicholson (South) Ltd
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Public inquiry
- Public consultation
- Ecological Planning Consultant
- Monitoring construction
- European Protected species surveys – dormice, reptiles, great crested newts, badgers, bats, birds, vegetation, water voles
- Protected species licences – dormouse, badger and great crested newt
- Ecological Management Plan
Long term, on-going project, involving EIA, public inquiry and local stakeholder consultation. JFA drew on our collaborative skills and through stakeholder dialogue developed an approved ecological management plan for the habitats on site. JFA also devised ecologically sound protected species mitigation plans, particularly for dormice, reptiles, great crested newts and badgers.
Habitat creation and remediation were incorporated into the development, including creation of ancient woodland buffer zones, ponds protected as great crested newt habitat, erection of dormouse bridges, and management of acid grassland areas.